Wednesday, September 11, 2013

September Heatwave aka. Is it wrong that I miss the snow?

We are having a bit of a heatwave here in Toronto.

Last week when school started everything was cool (about 12-15C, just shy of 60F for you Americans).

People were wearing jackets and pants and I was pretty sure that Fall was officially on it's way.

The weekend was full of Thunderstorms and in comes a HEATWAVE.

Yesterday it was 41C with the humidity.  That's 105F people!  And today it was already 32C (90F) by 8am.  FUN.

I hate heatwaves in September.  I get that some people are all glad that they can still wear shorts for a few more days but honestly after 4 months of this I am DONE.

Stick a fork in me, I'm DONE.

I actually want winter to arrive.  Snow?  No problem.  I am Canadian after all.  I've always said that in the winter if I'm cold I can put on a sweater, wear some warm socks, hide under a blanked, drink some warm tea and eventually I'll warm up.  In the heat?  Naked in front of a fan is pretty much the only way to deal with it.

Anyone else wishing for winter?

Cheers,

Ash


6 comments:

  1. Yeah you have to pick a side and stick with it. I pick winter, too! So annoying when people just complain about the weather year-around. Pickkkk a side! I hope we actually get snow this year. Send some down!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm totally a winter person vs a summer person. I mean the fact that it's not in my genetics for me to tan is a pretty big indication. I just hate the humidity. I can handle dry heat but 10-15 degrees of pure humidity in a major city means shit air quality. And honestly I have curly hair, there's no point in trying to tame it and any makeup I wear has to be waterproof or it will melt the hell off.

      Delete
  2. The humidity is the worst part. I agree. My heat tolerance is also at an all-time low and I feel like an obese man trapped in my body when it's only like upper 80's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I dislike sweating the second I walk outside. Yesterday by the time I got to my car which had been baking in the sun all day it felt like it was a million degrees in there. I also explained to a friend the ick factor of boob sweat and the fact that my bra felt like it had turned into a sponge after a 10 minute walk outside. Ick!

      Delete
  3. I'm 100% ready for fall, but not ready for winter yet at all! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm 100% ready for winter. Bring on the fluffy sweaters!

      Delete