Friday, June 28, 2013

Fluffy Thing Fridays - This is Bat Country!

I know some people that are totally terrified of bats.  I mean there's that whole urban legend that bats will somehow fly at your head and get stuck in your hair, but seriously.  If they can catch a fruit fly out of mid air, I'm sure they're not going to mistake your huge noggin for something edible.

And honestly, I like animals that aren't traditionally "cute".

So here we go.....

I'm sorry but anything bundled up in a little blankie is adorable.


So itty bitty with those huge ears and little leathery wings.


These little dudes are Ghost Bats.  Are they not adorably grumpy looking?



Apparently orphaned baby bats need to be brushed to teach them to groom themselves.  

I don't care why it happens.  It's cute.


This video is actually what got me thinking bats were adorable.  This little dude was orphaned and hand raised.  His name is Lil' Drac.  The cutest thing is that after he is fed, he likes to ROCK HIMSELF TO SLEEP. Let me repeat, the bat rocks himself to sleep.  By swaying back and forth till he gets momentum.  That and him drinking milk by sucking on an itty bitty piece of sponge. 

Watch.  Seriously.  Watch.


Ok, actually THIS is what got me hooked on bats.


Come on people.  Sing with me!!

Cheers,

Ash



8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I totally rocked the Batty Bat as a child. The Count was cool before Vamipres sparkled and shit.

      Delete
  2. Bat phobia, right here. They're cute enough on the internet, but I don't want them anywhere near me... Ever. The bat house at the zoo gives me panic attacks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwwww. I think I'd probably freak if I was forced to encounter hundreds of them too.

      Delete
  3. Yeahhh... I don't knowwww, Ash. In theory, bats are kinda cute but they're not cute when they're flying around your room at 3am and hanging upside down in your closet...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was one flying around the laundry room in the basement of my apartment once. But yeah, your bedroom would be totally different. Is that little ghosty dude not adorable though?

      Delete
  4. You could argue that the baby version of any animal is cute - bats are no exception. Also, I think the word "bat" is hilarious and I don't know why!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could argue that baby anything is cute. LOL no clue why you find it hilarious but whatever floats your boat ;)

      Delete