Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Is It Spring Yet? Yes? No? Not Sure? WTF Nature?!?!

Last time I checked April showers brought May flowers right?

Well so far no flowers but we have had snow.  And rain.  And hail.  And I think SOME sunshine.

I get it, this time of year weather can be unpredictable. 

But enough already.  I never know what coat to wear.  Rain coat, sweater, parka? Or if I need an umbrella or snow boots.

Don't even get me going on clothes.  I've come to the conclusion that layers are my friend.  I can take a sweater or scarf off if it warms up at least.

Ha! This makes my inner tech dork giggle.
It's the back and forth that really gets me.  I mean right now it's about 5C going up to 11C.  That's about 40F and 50F for you crazy Americans.  But tomorrow it's going to be about 20C (70F) plus humidity.  Then on Saturday it's going back down to -2C (28F-ish). 

That's some drastic shit, even for Toronto in the spring.

And all I have to say is WTF nature.  Pick a season.  If it's still winter, it sucks but I can deal with it.  I mean I can plan for winter.  I'm Canadian.  I can hack it.  But what I can't hack is all this back and forth. 

One day hot, one day cold, one day rain, one day snow, one day a plague of locusts.

Enough.

Cheers,

Ash

 

This made me laugh more than is probably appropriate. 

12 comments:

  1. Crazy weather business! Hope it evens out soon.

    In other news, that picture made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which one the cat? I died laughing. Between the look on it's face and the caption, it's Babushka kitty. Anyone who has any eastern European would get a chuckle out of it.

      Delete
  2. I WANT TO GOLF!!!! This season. I'll even golf in long johns, toque, and mitts. I just to play!!!

    I'm already 5 or 6 rounds behind last year's pace...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know El. Soon. On a side note, I saw a guy dragging a set of clubs down my street last night.

      Delete
  3. As always, hilarious cat pic! You've inspired me to include more on my blog... cat haters stay away.

    That's frustrating about spring's late arrival. As much as I love the weather in San Francisco, I do wish we actually had seasons. The temperature never changes here, it's always ~50-60F (10-16C). I sometimes forget what time of year it is unless I look at a calendar!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love including a funny picture at the end. Better yet the searching process is always good for a giggle.

      See I could totally handle that kind of weather. I hate our extremes. We have -25C (-7F!) and then 45C (112F) with disgusting humidity. I'll switch ya!

      Delete
  4. I feel like I need a different outfit when I go to work and then when I come home. So annoying. Also bad for my sinuses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally. It was rainy and humid the other day but then at night I practically needed flannel pj's. The back and forth is horrible for your immune system.

      Delete
  5. Hahaha... totally laughed out loud with the kitty pic. I definitely needed that today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've just given up and decided to accept that winter will never end. I'm in Minnesota, so that's close enough to the truth anyway. If winter never ends I'll just get a horse and a sword and pretend I live in Winterfell.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's supposed to be warm today so fingers crossed!

      Yeah people who live in warm climates really don't get how funny the whole "winter is coming" thing is.

      Delete