Monday, March 18, 2013

Tea Party Bridal Shower aka. OMG Fascinators!

So a friend of mine is getting married in May.  Yeah the one that I bought the dress for. 

The other day I got the invitation for her Bridal Shower.

I'm so excited because it is being held as a Champagne Tea Party.

The best part of all?  The invitation says "Gloves and Hats encouraged"!!!!!

Do you know what that means?

Fascinators.

Remember the super cute little hats that everyone was raving about after Prince William and Kate's wedding?

I love hats.  And this whole event is the opportunity I've been waiting for to buy one of these babies. Because unless I'm going to the Royal Ascot there's really not many opportunities to wear one.

Have I also mentioned that I LOVE www.etsy.com?

I found this fantastic shop there that sells adorable handmade Fascinators and hair accessories.

Check out Suzanne's shop:  EyeHeartMe

I'm officially in love.

I'm getting one for sure and am just debating which one.

Now I LOVE the black and navy one's but this is a daytime tea party and I don't think they would be the best choices.


   I'm utterly in love with these two grey one's:


And these one's although I think the red is a bit much for a tea party:


I'm REALLY leaning towards this one though.  Partly because it's very spring.  


Most of her designs come in multiple colors including pinks, reds, ivory's etc.  So check them out.  

Can we also mention that Suzanne is super pretty and looks awesome in all these hats?

Help me pick people!!!

On a side note.  The wedding itself is on a Friday Night.  Think I can pull off the black one to the actual wedding?  Or is that too much?

Btw.....all photos are courtesy of  Suzanne's Etsy Shop.

Cheers,

Ash

Oh yeah, someone totally went there.  

15 comments:

  1. I really LOVE the navy one! The veil. Just. Amazing. Second favorite is the turquoise, and YES I think you could pull off the black for the actual wedding. There are so many headbands and hair clips these days- I mean, it's only slightly larger than a big poofy flower, and it's way more FABULOUS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly the Navy w/the veil is my fave too. But for daytime tea party? Too dark? That's why I'm leaning towards the lighter blue and then the black or navy for the actual wedding.

      Too much? Maybe. But who cares, FABULOUS!!

      Delete
  2. Ha, very fun! Great colors. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally want them all and want an excuse to wear them.

      Delete
  3. i cannot wait for you to get this baby in the mail. whatever you end up picking will be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm seriously leaning towards the light turquoise for the tea party and either the black or grey for the wedding itself. I figure with either of those there's a better chance I can actually wear them again.

      Delete
  4. The black one is my favorite for re-usability, but I LOVE the turquoise! It's one of those colors that always seems to be in style and can be off-set with a solid color dress.

    I'm so envious you get to wear a fascinator! If I ever have a wedding, I'm making them mandatory to my shower (look at me, don't even have a boyfriend and already being Bridezilla).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree on the black but still can't get past the idea that it's not daytime tea party appropriate. Loving the turquoise.

      Any excuse to dress up and wear pretty hats is a good day in my books.

      Delete
  5. Red or Teal. I love them both. Red is one of my favorite fashion colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the red too. I could totally pull off the red with a cute black dress.

      Have I mentioned I just want them ALL?!?

      Delete
  6. Teal. LOVE THE TEAL. WANT THE TEAL. I've decided that I'm having a tea party just because I want to wear fancy hats dammit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ended up ordering the Teal and the Black. Figure you can't go wrong with black.

      I know, we totally need to have a fancy tea party and put these babies to use.

      Delete
  7. We are having a big hats and fabulous pumps party for my Grandmother's 95th birthday in honor of my Granny who never goes anywhere without her fabulous hats. I ordered the royal blue one and I loveeee it. I am wearing a black & white dress and royal blue pumps. I can't wait. What color jewelry and purse do you suggest?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like so much fun!!!

      I ordered the Teal/Tiffany Blue one and the black one. Am excited to wear it.

      If you're already wearing black and white I'd stick with any accessories in that color family. A cute set of pearls maybe? Long or short depending on the neckline of your dress? Purse if it's night time you can't go wrong with a black clutch.

      Delete
  8. Fascinators suits on the women of all age groups, but you have to be careful of choosing the style and color according to the occasion.

    ReplyDelete