Tuesday, February 26, 2013

I've Done My Good Deed for the Day

So apparently my good deed for the day was slipping on some ice on my way to work and falling flat on my ass.

In front of other people.

AGAIN.

Yeah.  I'm THIS Co-ordinated.
*rubs sore butt*

The up side of this scenario was that in gracelessly falling on my ass, I unknowingly saved an old lady with a hip replacement from the same fate.

I guess that's something at least.  Especially considering this is the THIRD TIME this winter that I've fallen on the ice.

How do I manage it?

Easy.  I'm a klutz.

Add to that the fact that it's winter in Canada, my walk to the Subway is downhill and early in the morning I'm not the most aware person on the planet and the result is me assplanting on a semi-regular basis.

Thankfully my butt was squishy enough to brace my fall.

Cheers,

Ash

PS. The BEST part of stopping that old lady from slipping?  She actually THANKED me.  She said if she had fallen it could have been horrible and that although me falling sucked, I saved her unknown amounts of pain.

YAY ME!!

This is how unimpressed I was to have fallen.
















LOVE Grumpy Cat.

11 comments:

  1. Awwww! You saved an old lady! That's heroic klutziness right there. Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. I'm not sure what's better, falling in front of witnesses but saving an old lady. Or falling with no witnesses at all. If an Ash falls and nobody see's it does it still hurt her bum?

      Delete
  2. Glad you're okay! We sound like we have similar levels of grace LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trust me. I am the least graceful person on the PLANET.

      Delete
  3. Ouch!!! If that happened here, somehow you would have been sued my that old lady - just kidding, sorta.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure if she had fallen instead of me she would have found a way to blame me. Well glad my ass could be of service, literally ;)

      Delete
  4. Youch! I'm always frightened of falling on the ice. This leads me to wear ridiculous boots all over town, but it's worth it for me. Glad you're not injured!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was wearing my hardcore boots!! I'm just worried of one time bracing myself with my already fucked up wrist. That would be BAD.

      Delete
    2. Oh man, yeah, definitely don't do that!

      Delete
  5. That is an EXCELLENT random act of kindness. Random AND unexpected.

    ReplyDelete