Wednesday, August 29, 2012

My Bucket List(s)

So as I mentioned in my last post, I'm not too thrilled about getting closer to 30 and I'm going to create my before 30 Bucket List and my LIFE Bucket List.

I like lists.

So here's my Before 30 List.

1) Become 100% debt free
  • Cause student debt sucks

2) Complete the first draft of my book.
  •  Cause if 50 Shades of Grey can become a bestseller, I can write a book

3) Find a new/better apartment
  • Cause living in a million year old walk-up with shitty electrical and no A/C is getting OLD

4) Get a hobby
  • Cause other than reading and writing, I don't really have a hobby.  I know how to crochet, but other than a scarf for my mom I don't think I've ever actually FINISHED a project.

5) Learn a new skill
  • This may go hand in hand with the hobby thing, but I want to learn how to DO something new.
6) Stop swearing
  • Shit man, I curse a lot.

Pretty simple right?  Wanted to keep this one a bit on the easy side as I really only have 16 months to accomplish this.


And here's my LIFE List so far. 

1) Spend a few weeks in Paris
  • When I was little, one of my fave movies of all time was Sabrina.  Since then I've dreamed of spending a good chunk of time in Paris, just wandering.  Of course I will do touristy things as well but I want to go to Paris and just BE in Paris.

2) Become fluent in a second language
  • Because my parents are very different culturally, foreign languages were never spoken around the house.  I want to learn a second language well enough to be able to fully converse.  I have enough of a french background from school that it may be a good place to start.  French would also help with the whole Paris thing.
3) Learn to draw
  • I am artistically challenged.  I can sing OK and I'm pretty good with all things verbal but when it comes to visual art, I'm a stick figure kinda girl. 
4) Retire early and write for a living
  • I love writing, it's one of the reasons why I started this blog.  As I mentioned in the before 30 list, I want to write a book.  I don't know if that book will ever be published but even if I have to photocopy that bitch and give it to my friends, I want to write a book.  So my ideal goal, would be to be able to either get paid to write said book(s) or somehow become wealthy enough that I can retire early and write just for fun.
5) Go to China and cuddle the baby pandas at the Wolong Panda Reserve and or go to Costa Rica and cuddle the baby sloths at The Sloth Sanctuary. 
  • I want to cuddle cute animals, what can I say.
6) Find MY version of Inner Peace
  • I don't quite know what this is yet exactly but trust me, I'll know when I get there.
I will no doubt add to this list as I think about it more but here's a start.

What's on your bucket list?  And what do you think mine is missing?

Cheers,

Ash

2 comments:

  1. OMG. Want to do the panda thing SO BAD. For $200 you can spend the day with them and feed the little ones WHILE THEY SIT ON YOUR LAP. Good list! I'd like to backpack a little more through Europe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been to Europe twice in the last 5 years and I love it. Paris is my next BIG trip though. It's just a matter of time and money.

      OMG I want to play with the panda's so badly. The sloth sanctuary does the same thing, for like $150 you get to meet with the founder and help take care of the babies, helping feed them and clean them.

      Delete