Thursday, December 16, 2010

Look Ma, It's a blog!

Months and months ago, a friend of mine asked me why I wasn't blogging. 

Moi?  Blog?

Once I stopped laughing hysterically, I took a second to ponder it. 

Why wasn't I blogging?    

Actually, there were a lot of reasons. 

I wasn't sure what I would write about, was afraid that nobody would read it or find it interesting, that my thoughts were my own and I didn't want to open myself up to random strangers online.  All of which I still think are valid arguments in favor of me NOT blogging.

At the time, that was the end of it. 

Since then I honestly haven't thought about it too much.  I read a few blogs either for fun or for work but I never thought that it was something I would do for myself.  I mean I see the value in blogs for business or support or troubleshooting but mine is none of those things.  I'm just me.  I don't have a specific theme or topic that I plan to write about.  I'm not chronicling some great journey, debating current events or even teaching you anything.  If anything I'm ranting, joking, babbling, relaying a funny event or talking about the things that I enjoy.  Who would want to read that?

Honestly?  I don't know.  I don't even really care at this point.  I'm going to write and someone is either going to read it, or they are not. 

So before we sink our teeth in and get to the serious stuff here's a bit about me, about why I didn't think I could blog and a few reasons why I've decided to anyway.

About me:

  • I'm 26 and a native Torontonian
  • I'm the "mom" of a crazy kitten named Jasper
  • I work for a Market Research/Consulting Firm
  • I studied History in University. Mostly British History in and around the Reformation
  • I am a HUGE book nerd.  Seriously, I read about 2-3 books a week on average.
  • I'm an only child
  • I love movies but hate television
  • I'm afraid of heights
  • I'm compulsively organized
  • I write in a journal almost daily
  • I'm an insomniac
  • I'm sarcastic
  • I would listen to music 24/7 if possible
  • I have multiple tattoos but am squeamish about getting a flu shot

Reasons why I didn't think I should blog:

  • I don't know what to write about
  • Nobody will read it
  • Nobody cares what I have to say
  • Why would I want people I don't  know to read what I write?
  • I'm not a writer
  • I don't have time to blog

Reasons why I'm blogging anyway:

  • I don't really mind if nobody reads my blog
  • I have a ton of things running around in my head that would be fun to write about
  • Sometimes I just feel the need to share something that's either funny, stupid or annoying
  • I don't have to be a writer to blog.  That's why God invented spell check!

And the heavens opened and......oh nevermind.

Cheers,

Ash

p.s.  In case you were wondering, I doubt there will be anything "serious" to get to.

No comments:

Post a Comment